December 8, 2018
If you have pets, you know about the cleanup duties. The best thing I own, hands down, is Bissell’s SpotBot. It makes pet accidents a breeze to clean. And frankly, human messes as well.
We have a geriatric dog and he has numerous accidents in the house. We also have a 112-week old puppy that is still not housebroken. Everywhere you look, you see a yellow puddle. The things we do for love! This leads us to presently utilize our SpotBot almost daily. The great thing about the Bissell SpotBot is the ease of use. It’s basically a “plug it in and let it run” little droid.
- Pick up any solid waste and discard.
- Use old rag or paper towels to soak up excess fluids. (I do this just to make sure the area doesn’t become over-saturated with the Spotbot running)
- Place SpotBot on top of the stain (make sure the water/solution reservoir is filled).
- Select stain type – “Surface Stain” or “Set-in Stain”
- Walk away.
The unit will beep upon completion of the area so you can move it, if needed, or put away. It takes about 5 minutes (my estimation) for the whole thing to run through its cycle.
There is a function for set-in stains so when I find an area that has a urine stain, I just plop it down and hit the button for “Set-in Stain” and walk away. This option works in the same manner as its default setting, just doubles the cycle.
My parents own the Bissell Pet Stain Eraser and love it as well. However, the biggest difference between the two is with the SpotBot, the unit is spraying the water/solution, scrubbing the area and suctioning the soiled water into a separate reservoir. (In case you’re wondering, the scrubbing doesn’t leave any abrasions to the carpet.) The Green Machine only has the hose option. SpotBot has the hose option as well, but frankly, we hardly ever use it. For a $40 price difference, not having to complete the physical task of cleaning the stain is well worth it.
The SpotBot works on more than just pet stains. When we moved into our new home, in one of the bedrooms there were mysterious stains throughout the dated carpeting which were no issue for the machine. The only stain I have been unable to remove with this machine is rust stains.
We are actually on our SECOND SpotBot. After over 5 years of continued use (there wasn’t a week that would go by without us having to use it) water/soap began to leak from the machine. Even with this fact, we purchased another because of how helpful it is. I figured a 5 year shelf life with heavy use wasn’t too bad. We were at a loss while waiting for the new one to arrive. We had to do the unimaginable and clean the accidents up manually with spray and a shop rag. We have become spoiled.
I would like to offer Bissell a couple of recommendations on ways to improve the SpotBot.
- A dryer of some sort to help shorten the drying process. The suction just doesn’t do the job all the way.
- Multiple sizes options for the area that the SpotBot cleans. The radius usually is fine, but sometimes I wish it were at least two times bigger so I don’t have to run the unit twice (moving it between runs).
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $128.08Was: $159.99
Price: $75.00Was: $79.99
Price: $89.99Was: $99.99